As used in this Policy, the terms listed below have the following meanings:
Customer – A “Customer” is anyone who purchases SecureVideo products or services. When a Customer purchases retail products or services for use by others, those individuals also may be considered Customers for purposes of this Policy.
User – A “User” is anyone who visits our websites. Personal Information – “Personal Information” is information that directly identifies or reasonably can be used to identify an individual Customer or User. Examples include name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, Social Security number, and financial account number. Personal Information does not include Published Listing Information as discussed in more detail below or information that is readily available to the public through no fault of SecureVideo.
Anonymous Information – “Anonymous Information” means information that does not directly identify and cannot reasonably be used to identify an individual Customer or User.
Aggregate Information – “Aggregate Information” means information about groups or categories of Customers or Users, which does not identify and cannot reasonably be used to identify an individual Customer or User. Aggregate Information is a kind of Anonymous Information.
Website – “Website” means any page or location on the Internet, no matter what device (cell phone, lap top, PC, etc.) or protocol (http, WAP, ftp or other) is used to access the page or location. In this Policy, we use the term website other similar terms such as “Internet site,” “site,” and “web page.”
1. Information. We may collect different types of personal and other information based on your use of our products and services and our business relationship with you, including contact information, billing information, equipment, performance, SecureVideo’s website usage, viewing and other technical information about your use of our network, services, products or websites. Information may be collected when you give it to us with the intent to purchase or interact with us about a product or service we offer or provide; when we collect it automatically when you visit our websites or use our products and services; or when we obtain it from other sources, such as credit agencies. Our goal of collecting your information is to provide you with the best customer experience possible by communicating with you regarding service updates, offers and promotions; delivering advertising that may be of interest to you; addressing network and security issues; investigating or taking action regarding illegal activities or violations of our Terms of Service.
We collect some information on an anonymous basis and may anonymize the personal information we collect about you into data groups. When we employ non-SecureVideo companies to anonymize or aggregate data on our behalf, the requirements for sharing Personal Information with non-companies apply. We may share aggregate or anonymous information in various formats with trusted non-SecureVideo entities, with whom we have contracted with to aggregate such data and may work with those entities to do research and provide products and services.
2. Disclosure. We do not sell your Personal Information to anyone for any purpose, and we maintain information about you in our business records while you are a customer, or until it is no longer needed for business, tax, or legal purposes. We have implemented encryption or other appropriate security controls to protect Personal Information when stored or transmitted by SecureVideo. Subject to applicable legal restrictions, such as those that exist for Customer Proprietary Network Information (CPNI), the SecureVideo family of companies may share your Personal Information with each other to make sure your experience is as seamless as possible, and you have the full benefit of what SecureVideo and its subsidiaries have to offer. Customer Proprietary Network Information (CPNI) is information that relates to the quantity, configuration, type, destination, location and amount of use of the telecommunications services you purchase from us, as well as the information contained in your bills for those services. We collect CPNI in the normal course of providing you with telecommunications services. Your telephone number, name and address are not CPNI.
We share your Personal Information only with non-SecureVideo companies that perform services on our behalf, and only as necessary for them to perform those services. We require those non-SecureVideo companies to protect any Personal Information they may receive in a manner consistent with this policy, and we do not provide Personal Information to non-SecureVideo companies for the marketing of their own products and services without your consent. We may provide Personal Information to non-SecureVideo companies or other third parties for purposes such as emergencies, pursuant to court orders, identity verification to prevent fraud and identity theft, enforcing of property rights, or obtaining payment for products and services that appear on your SecureVideo billing statements.
SecureVideo reserves the right to use or disclose information provided if required by law or if we reasonably believe that use or disclosure is necessary to protect our rights or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process.
3. Privacy Controls. You can review and correct your Personal Information collected by us. You can limit certain types of solicitation communications from SecureVideo, including marketing contacts made via telephone, e-mail and text messaging by notifying SecureVideo. We will provide you with notice of changes to this policy. We are happy to correct information found to be inaccurate. Customers may verify that appropriate corrections have been made. All this can be done by calling our Support team at (888) 540-2829.
4. Exclusions. Information that you provide to non-SecureVideo companies is not covered by this Policy. For example: When you download applications or make an online purchase from a non-SecureVideo company while using SecureVideo’s services, the information collected by the non-SecureVideo company is not subject to this Policy. If you use public forums — such as social networking services, Internet bulletin boards, chat rooms, or blogs on SecureVideo or non-SecureVideo websites — you should be aware that any Personal Information you disclose publicly can be read, collected, or used by others. Once you choose to reveal Personal Information on such a site, the information is publicly available, and SecureVideo cannot prevent distribution and use of that information by other parties. SecureVideo may enter into written product or service agreements with business customers that contain specific provisions related to the confidentiality, security or other handling of information. When provisions of a written product or service agreement differ from or conflict with the provisions of this Policy, the terms of the written agreement will apply. In all other instances, the terms of this Policy apply.
5. Security. We have established electronic and administrative safeguards designed to secure the information we collect, to prevent unauthorized access to or disclosure of that information and to ensure it is used appropriately. Although we strive to keep your Personal Information secure, no security measures are absolute, and we cannot guarantee that your Personal Information will never be disclosed in a manner inconsistent with this Policy (for example, as the result of unauthorized acts by third parties that violate the law or this Policy). We will make reasonable attempts to notify you if we determine that SecureVideo has experienced a security breach and there is a reasonably likely risk of identity theft, or where otherwise required by law.
6. Access to your Information. You may access/edit your information through your SecureVideo account, or contact SecureVideo to request Customer Information held by SecureVideo in order to correct, amend or delete information that is inaccurate. Contact information is provided in Section 10 below.
7. Policies. We have established policies and practices to meet the expectations of Customers and potential customers who have expressed a desire to limit certain types of solicitation communications from SecureVideo, including marketing contacts made via telephone, e-mail and text messaging. You also can request to be removed from these telemarketing lists when you receive a marketing or promotional call. Where required by state laws and/or regulations, we honor requests from businesses to be removed from our telemarketing lists. The FTC maintains a National Do Not Call Registry at https://www.donotcall.gov/, and your state may maintain its own Do Not Call Registry. Putting your number on these Registries also may limit our telemarketing calls to that number. Our practices as described above are designed to satisfy state and federal legal requirements limiting marketing contacts. You should know that those laws and regulations — such as the requirements governing the state and federal “Do Not Call” lists — generally permit companies to contact their own current and, in some cases, former customers, even when those customers are listed on the federal and state “Do Not Call” lists. Similarly, restricting our use of your CPNI will not eliminate all types of SecureVideo marketing contacts.
8. Online Advertising. – SecureVideo works hard to detect and prevent junk e-mails (also referred to as “spam” e-mails) from ever reaching your computer. However, if you are receiving unwanted spam from a SecureVideo e-mail address, please contact us for assistance at [email protected] .
9. Account Set-Up. When selecting passwords for SecureVideo accounts, you should choose words or characters that are not obvious. Likewise, you should always keep Personal Information such as account numbers, Usernames, passwords or similar information in a secure place and not share the information with others.